I am asking all of you prayer warriors to pray specifically about our upcoming travel to China. We are anxiously waiting for our Travel Approval to come. I know that many families who have recently received their TA's are having to wait until mid-June to travel due to the consulate appointments being booked out so far. We are needing to leave on June 4th and get our consulate appointment for June 15th in order for things to go smoothly with our kids who will not be going with us. I have lined up family and friends to come in and with their schedules...vacations, weddings, etc.... I feel like we need to leave on this date. If we were able to take the kids with us, I wouldn't be near as anxious.
I found out last week that we will not be able to travel June 11th due to the Dragon Boat Festival in China. The Chinese offices are closed on June 14, 15, 16th, therefore no adoptions can begin on the 14th. The U.S. Consulate is also closed the 16th. If we cannot travel the 4th we will not be able to travel until the 18th which is the week my in-laws will be on vacation. Of course I am praying specific but also only if it is God's will for us to leave on the 4th. I know God will work it out if we are not to leave on the 4th. I'm just trying to keep all of my kids together for the majority of our time away and not spread them out among different friends.
I am also very concerned for Shayle. She really wants to go with us but we have discussed it and we feel like our youngest son, Jacob, would be very resentful if she got to go and he did not. Early on in this process we decided they would all go or none would get to go. Well, unless we have a complete financial miracle from God, none will get to go. Taking 5 kids to China gets pretty expensive. Of course, I know I will miss them terribly and only God and your prayers will get me through two weeks without them.
Thanks for praying!
2 comments:
Will be praying specifically for these dates!
praying all the details will work out. i know what you mean by keeping them all together instead of spread out... strength in numbers :)
krista
Post a Comment