Tuesday, November 10, 2009

USCIS

We received a letter yesterday stating that I need to have my fingerprints redone. I am very frustrated since the appointment assigned is for the day after Thanksgiving. I have plans to visit my dad for Thanksgiving in west Texas. I couldn't believe that they would be open for a fingerprinting appointment the day after Thanksgiving. I called to see if they could change my appointment to an earlier date. I had no luck. If I change my appointment it will be moved into December. I had such high hopes to be logged in by Thanksgiving. :<(

Today I spoke with someone at the NBC office and they were very nice but could not help with changing my appointment. They did suggest that I might try taking my letter to the office and see if they will allow me to walk in since it is a re-fingerprint appt. My agency had also suggested this yesterday. It is about a 90 mile drive each way, but it is worth a try to not have my Thanksgiving plans interrupted. I am planning on going this Friday to see if they will let me walk in. Please pray that I will be allowed to get this out of the way as it has been almost two months since we first applied just to have our fingerprints taken. Our dossier has been complete since the end of August lacking just this approval from USCIS. This is the last thing we need to be able to send our paperwork to China and for our wait to officially begin with the Chinese govt. which we anticipate to be 5-7 months before we can travel.

No comments: