Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One Year Gotcha Day!!!!


Shayle on gotcha day 11/3/08



Shayle on gotcha day 11/3/09





Today marks one year since God blessed our family in such an amazing way. One year ago Shayle became our forever daughter! Her world as she knew disappeared into a distant memory as she was given a new hope and a new future. Just as in Jerimiah 29:11 The Lord wants to give us a future and a hope. Novemeber 3, 2008 the Lord gave Shayle a new future and a new hope. I never dreamed how well she would adjust to her new life and family, but God knew. He knew before she was born that she was created with a plan to become our daughter. All the glory and gratitude belongs to God who allowed us to be a part of His plan. We were changed forever as He placed this beautiful little girl into our arms one year ago today.

Shayle has grown so much in all areas since being home. She has such a sweet and kind spirit who can be shy but also be outgoing at times. She adores her brothers and sisters and really looks up to them. She misses them when they go to a friend's house and wants them to be home. She has grown very attached to her grandparents and looks forward to seeing them. She loves her mommy and daddy as if we were her parents since she was born.

She loves school and she is learning many new things. She absorbs everything being taught and puts forth her best effort in her schoolwork. She is continuing speech twice/week and making progress. We think she has come a long way since being here with us. We are very proud of her!

In the last year she has been through a lot of medical appointments and surgeries. She has undergone dental surgery, cleft palate surgery, tubes in ears, speech, dental visits, catching up on immunizations, cardiologist visits & tests, she has had strep throat twice and the swine flu. With all of this going on, I am thankful to God she has progressed as much as she has. Each time she gets sick, she loses weight. We have had to stay on top of her weight due to her heart issues. At adoption she weighed 27lbs and was 39" tall at 5yr 8mo old. Now she is 6yr 8mo and weighs 34lbs and is 42" tall. We are happy she is growing and doing so well.

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY SHAYLE!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh so wonderful to remember back a year ago when you were in China!!! I am still so sad that I never met you but I am so glad that Jeff did! Where did that year go? Before you know it, you will be heading there again for your son!!!

Diane said...

I had such a great time following your journey as it was so similar to ours and helped to answer questions before I even knew to ask them. She is absolutely beautiful!
BTW- I hope you get to enjoy your Thanksgiving in West Texas, you may end up being very close to us :)

Angela said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already. I thought about you guys today as I was updating Maili's website. It's amazing how much they've grown and changed, isn't it? Shayle looks so happy and healthy and I bet she is very excited about getting a little brother. Looking forward to following your next journey to China. Angela

Sharon said...

Just catching up..CANT believe it has been a year already. WOW!! Would love to catch up after the holidays!