Friday, March 20, 2009

Surgery Update

Shayle before surgery and after her goofy juice
Balloons Payton brought


Ready to go back to sleep with all of her animals brought by family and friends.



Shayle did very well during her surgery, she handled the anesthesia and woke up sooner than last time with the same drug. Praise The Lord!! She is maintaining her oxygen much better than last time, staying in the 90s. Her surgery was about 2 hours long and of course she was in pain most of today. She has also had quite a bit of vomiting with all of the blood that went into her tummy during and after surgery. She has swallowed a little water, so I think we will get to go home tomorrow. I know she is ready to go home.
This morning went much better than last time when we had to be separated. She did say "mama", but only one time. Once I told her that I would be waiting for her and I wasn't going anywhere, she seemed o.k. As soon as she was in recovery, we were right in. She hadn't woke up, which was an answered prayer. I was able to be there right when she woke up. In fact, I ended up in the bed with her to help calm her down. Mama turned out being the best medicine for her. Thank you for your prayers today. Please continue to pray for healing and for her to be able to eat soon.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

So glad to hear everything went well. How great you were there right when Shayle woke up! I love it that Mama is the best medicine. Praying! The Bullingtons

Sharon said...

Great news!!! She was on my mind all day yesterday!!
What a wonderful gift for her to have her mama there when she wakes up.....I am sure one of the reasons things went better this time...Praying for quick healing!!