Monday, April 5, 2010

Dr. Visit Tomorrow

Shayle will be seeing her surgeon tomorrow afternoon for an evaluation and to discuss surgery. We are in a dilema of not really knowing what to do. Her speech therapy and ENT both said it may be possible for her to improve her speech without surgery, with 3-6 months of additional speech. When the surgeon called me he asked me how I thought she was improving. I know she has improved but I'm around her a lot. However, she is still hard to understand sometimes. I of course do not want to make any decisions regarding another surgery. So we decided to take her to the surgeon for him to evaluate her.

Please pray that the surgeon's decision will be exactly God's will concerning Shayle. I don't want to put her through another surgery but if it will help then that is what we need to do. The surgery will not be the p-flap like I thought. He said he would recut the palate and tighten up the muscles and then stitch it back. That is why I'm not sure what to do, her palate is beautiful right now and I don't want to do anything that would mess it up. I know I have a very precise and intelligent surgeon who will do a good job. I have been praying for God to give him wisdom as he makes his decision tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the prayers for Amy..CRAZY we are walking this path again, less than 6 months after my mom passed away. Hopefully though she will have surgery in the next couple weeks and that will be the end of it!!!!

Oh...these decisions. I am calling our surgeons office today. Genecov wants us to meet with him one more time to see what he says before he will take us on...I KNOW what they will say. My friend Amy saw his partner last week and they wont do a sleep study which we are insisting on before p-flap.......Genecov insists on it also. He also told Amy Z-plasty doesn't work...which I don't buy.....so many different opinions. We are heading into more intense speech therapy ourselves if Genecov will tak us on.....trying to avoid surgery too at least for another year.......

Will pray you will very confident in our decisions today and what your surgeon tells you!!!