Monday, April 13, 2009

Our First Easter Together




Egg Hunt at Sissy's School

Already into the jellybeans!

Not to happy about taking a picture before church

Shayle enjoyed coloring Easter eggs with Payton and Jacob



At the hospital egg hunt



I have had a busy week with Myranda's party and the same day Jacob and Payton's Easter parties at school. It was a little hectic getting everything organized and then getting ready for Easter Sunday. Shayle did enjoy all the egg hunts at her brother and sister's school, and then one at our local hospital. In fact, she has so much candy, I have put it up in a cabinet out of sight. She thinks she should have some every 30 minutes or so. Today has been much easier since everyone has returned to school and they are not all looking in their eggs.

We finally were all able to attend church together for the first time in over a month, due to surgery, pneumonia and strep throat. It was nice to be able to worship the
Resurrection of our Lord and Savior together. As Easter weekend was approaching, in the midst of my chaos, I continued to talk to Shayle about Jesus dying on the cross for her and that he rose again, and is alive and waiting for us in heaven. I also began to tell her that Jesus was the one who brought her to us across the ocean to make us a family. My prayer for her is that one day she will know Jesus personally and will realize that Jesus gave her an earthly mom and dad who would later introduce her to her heavenly father, God. I truly pray she will know just how much God has been involved in her life and watching over her since before she was born.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is a great family picture. I'm glad you got to be together on Easter.

I bet Shayle loved the egg hunts, Vivi Jo and Max sure did!

I'm looking forward to our playdate next week.

Kim