Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fun At The Park


Little Sassy Girl







I wanted to do a quick post and share some pictures of Shayle last week at the park. We had a playdate with Max and Vivi Jo. The weather was so nice and they had lot's of fun.
It has been very crazy around our house the past few weeks. This week is TAKS tests for 3 of my kids. We have been preparing for these so much and I am so glad it will end this week. Their is just too much pressure on kids to take standarized tests in order to be promoted to the next grade level, even when they have straigth A's on their report cards. Some kids just aren't good test takers when their is so much information running through their minds. It's during this time of year that I begin to feel like I should homeschool so that they aren't required to take them, but then reality sets in and I know it would be too hard to homeschool 5 different grades!
I am getting a little time away for a conference. I will be gone Wed. evening through Saturday. A friend of mine and I are attending it together. The main topic is "How to start an orphan ministry in your church/hometown." I am very excited as this is something God layed on my heart before we traveled to China. Please pray for us that we will be able to get an orphan ministry up and running and that God would be in the center of it to make it successful. We both feel like so many people who have thought about adopting haven't because they do not have enough information available to them. The conference will also discuss topics regarding the financial aspect of adopting both here in the U.S. and abroad. One of the sessions will be led by the CEO of AWAA, our adoption agency, who I am looking forward to meeting.
Please keep my wonderful hubby, who will be running around taking the kids everywhere, in your prayers and for the kids as mom is gone. I've talked to Shayle about me going on a trip and she says "no". I told her she can call me on the phone. Pray that she will do well for her daddy and not be mad at me for leaving.

No comments: