Last Saturday we had a party for Shayle's birthday. The princess castle bounce house was a big hit, along with hitting the pinata and seeing the candy come out when it fell apart. Several friends and family came to help us in celebrating her 1st birthday with us. When she was waiting for us to light her candles, she came very close to taking a big bite out of the side of the cake. She will turn 6 on this Sunday, March 15th along with my oldest who is turning 15. Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday we were celebrating Arron's 6th birthday. He is growing into a young man whom I am very proud of.
When the bounce house arrived on Friday evening, Shayle was so excited as it was being inflated. I think she thought it was our gift to her. She along with her sisters and brother, Jacob, all jumped for over 3 hours. The next morning they were back out jumping again before the party began. I had to explain to her that the bounce house was not ours to keep and that it would have to go back with the man we had rented it from. She began to ask "why"? Well, thankfully he came back to pack it up while we were at church on Sunday.
Her party theme was Dora. Almost every gift she opened was a Dora gift, luckily without any duplicates. She has enjoyed playing with each of them this week. She had a really cute Dora cake, brought to the party by one of my out of town friends. Thank you, Kim.
This week has been spent thanking God for this sweet girl and for carrying her through so much to get her to where she is now. I have also been thinking and praying for her foster parents and her birth parents, wondering if they are thinking about her having another birthday and the void they must fill in their hearts. I can't imagine having to make the choice to give up my child in order that she may live, but I am grateful that God has placed her in my care to raise and bring her up in a home filled with the love of Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment