
Happy Birthday! Today we celebrated my oldest son and my youngest daughter's birthday's, 15 & 6 years old. They have been talking about sharing this big day for a few weeks now. We began our morning bringing out their gifts into the living room and waking them up singing to them as they came downstairs together, almost like Christmas morning. Anyway, Shayle and I had gone shopping a couple of weeks ago to look at a new bike for her big bubba, Arron. While we were looking for him a bike, she found herself a Dora bike. I asked her if she would like to have it for her birthday and she said yes. We got it down off of the bike rack and she hopped on. She began riding and decided she did want it. She got off of the bike and pointed to it and then pointed to the basket. She wanted me to put the Dora bike into the basket, that day. I had to explain that she would have to wait until her birthday and that we were needing to look for bubba a bike. She was a little upset but got over it pretty quickly. Since it has been a week since her party, I think she was surprised to see the bike this morning.

They both decided they wanted mom to make cupcakes.

She loves her big bubba, Arron!

Her own recorder, she loves her sister's flute so much that I bought this for her to play with. She loves music and just about any instrument.

She also loves this big bubba, Jacob.

About to go to church.

Arron's new bike, next year he will be wanting a car, when he turns 16. Where does the time go? It goes by way too fast. I still can't believe he is now 15 and will be taking driver's ed. soon. This is my firstborn and I love him so much. He is growing into a fine young man who I am so proud of. He has been with us through some of our toughest times as a family. He was only 5 months old when his dad started medical school. He then endured changing schools 4 times when we moved for our final time, at the beginning of his 6th grade year. During the time that his dad was in the Air Force, he had to adapt to a lot of changes. He always hung in there, though it wasn't easy at times. Each move, every three years consisted of not only a new school but a new church and new coaches for soccer. He really likes where we are now and knows he will get to finish out and graduate with the friends he has made here. He is a hard worker who always puts forth his best effort. He definitely has learned how to make new friends, adjust to change, to be accepting of others, and most importantly how to always trust in God to meet his needs.
He absolutely loves and adores Shayle and it has been a blessing to watch him with her. He is so good with her, he will make a great dad one day. He will be a sibling she will always look up to. Having the same birthday will also give them a special bond.

Here I am riding my new bike with my bubba's help.

Thank you for my flowers and balloon daddy.
1 comment:
Happy Happy Birthday Arron and Shaylee!!! You have MUCH to celebrate this year!!!
Post a Comment